All new IEP students must register for and attend Orientation.
The AEI's IEP Orientation is mandatory. Orientation is designed to help you become familiar with each other, the UO campus, academic expectations, and student resources. We recognize that students face several challenges in setting up life here at the UO and we try to provide you with the right mix of instructor, peer, and staff support. With each session you will become more prepared to begin your studies and make Eugene your home.
Orientation is mandatory. If, for some reason out of your control, you are unable to arrive on time, please contact email@example.com.
Follow this link if you are looking for information on Orientation to Eugene and UO Class.
At Orientation you will...
- Fill out a Check-in form with your local Eugene address
- Obtain a UO ID Card
- Complete an English Language Placement Test
- Set up your Duckweb / Claim your DuckID (UO email account)
- Submit your proof of immunizations to the UO Health Center. (See list of required vaccines/immunizations.)
- Enroll in UO health insurance or submit your own health insurance policy to apply for a waiver.
- Learn about the UO health insurance plan
- Learn how to buy your textbooks!
- Learn how to sign up for a Conversation Partner!
On Friday, the first day of Orientation, you must bring the following items:
- Your Passport
- I-20 Certificate of Eligibility / DS 2019
- Your new local Eugene area mailing address
- A local cell or home phone number (can be provided later in the week)
- Proof of immunizations
If you plan to fly into the Eugene airport, don't forget to request the AEI airport shuttle using the Online airport pick-up request form.