Senior citizens can engage in their favorite pastimes while studying English. Explore American culture, enjoy the natural beauty that Oregon has to offer, and shop in a tax-free state. Intended for senior citizens, all events, activities, and field trips require low to moderate activity.
Highlights: Program Focus:
- Speaking: make self-understood in multiple social, on-campus, and off-campus situations, such as completing shopping transactions, ordering in a restaurant, etc.
- Reading: demonstrate understanding of handouts and classroom materials by passing short comprehension quizzes; demonstrate comprehension of some authentic material related to tourism, natural attractions, etc.
- Listening: demonstrate understanding of short 3- to 5-minute videos related to weekly topics and tourist/cultural activities
- Writing: complete short quizzes and topic-related word and sentence games, complete worksheets related to cultural/tourist activities and field trips; create and maintain a travel blog or online site with photos and written descriptions of activities and field trips.
- Cooking and food
- The Sea
- Grapes and hops; Vineyards and breweries
- 4th of July event
July 1st-July 20th
Please contact us for costs and additional information