All new IEP students must register for and attend Orientation Week.
Register for Summer 2017 Term Orientation
June 23-28, 2017
Register for Fall 2017 Term Orientation
September 22-27, 2017
The AEI's IEP Orientation Week is mandatory. Orientation is designed to help you become familiar with each other, the UO campus, academic expectations, and student resources. We recognize that students face several challenges in setting up life here at the UO and we try to provide you with the right mix of instructor, peer, and staff support. With each session you will become more prepared to begin your studies and make Eugene your home.
Orientation is mandatory, if for some reason out of your control, you are unable to arrive on time, please contact email@example.com.
Sample IEP Orientation Week Schedule:
9 am Welcome session (1 hour)
10 am English Placement test (2 hours)
12 pm Lunch Break
1 pm Duck ID Clinic: Duckweb (student account) and DuckID (UO email) help
10 am Academic Orientation
12 pm New Student Luncheon (food provided)
1 pm Immigration Orientation
2 pm Activities and Volunteering
9 am Housing Orientation
10 am Conversation Partner Meet and Greet/ Campus Tour Hunt
12 pm Independent Lunch Break (food not provided)
1 pm Student Conduct, Health and Safety
Afternoon Clinic: MMR immunization records submission and health insurance enrollment help
5 pm Tuition payment deadline
11 am - 1 pm IEP Registration (Receive your class schedule)
9 am First day of classes
Orientation Week Checklist
- Fill out Check-in form with local Eugene address
- Obtain a UO ID Card
- Complete English Language Placement Test
- Set up your Duckweb / Claim your DuckID (UO email account)
- Send UO Health Center MMR immunization records
- Enroll in UO health insurance or submit your own health insurance policy to apply for a waiver:
- See the UO international student health insurance requirements
- Learn about the UO health insurance plan
Buy your textbooks !
Sign up for a Conversation Partner !