Before you come
Each term, the AEI runs a comprehensive orientation to accelerate students’ familiarity with each other, the UO campus, academic systems, resources, and expectations. New students are required to sign-up for orientation before arriving.
Tips for finalizing your travel plans
- Refrain from purchasing your airline tickets until after you secure a U.S. Student Visa.
- New students are not allowed to enter the U.S. prior to 30 days before the start of the AEI term.
- Be sure to arrive a day or two before Orientation begins, to help you adjust to any jet lag.
- When traveling, be sure to carry your original travel documents with you including: Passport, student visa, and I-20 or DS-2019. You may also want to scan the originals and store them digitally so you or your family can access them in case of emergency.
- The U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has an automated I-94 processing system at the port of entry. Once you arrive, you will be able to access your I-94 through a website.
If you have connecting flights following your arrival to the U.S., we recommend allowing additional time between flights (minimum 2 hours).
Travel to Eugene
Before you purchase your plane ticket, review your travel options.
Airport Pick-up Service
After you have made your travel arrangements and if you are flying into the Eugene Airport, you can request free shuttle service to your destination.