In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the American English Institute is following the University’s Return to Campus Plan for fall term. During this period, classes and office support services will be offered remotely. Faculty and staff will be working remotely, and the building will be open for socially distanced walk-in business during Monday - Thursday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm PDT and Fridays the building will be closed.
COVID-related student resources can be found at the University of Oregon COVID-19 page.
For fall term (September 16 to December 15), the instructors and staff in the AEI are planning for many types of campus classes, including
- In-person: some AEIS and IEP classes will be face-to-face, where it is safe and UO has approved the classes.
- Hybrid: modified on-campus classes. Flexible delivery of both in person and online classes. Most classes in the Intensive English Program will be delivered this way. Students may participate from their home countries. Medium to large social gatherings are not allowed.
- Online: a fully online course that was created to be delivered online. Many AEIS classes will be online.
We look forward to seeing you in our classes – either on campus or online. Please see our website for more information about courses and our degree programs. Please see our website for more information about courses and our degree programs.
For fall term (September 16 to December 15), the faculty and staff will be available remotely Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm PDT for emails, phone calls, and remote meetings. AEI will also have the computer lab open Monday - Thursday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm in Agate 127 for students to access their remote courses or meet with their advisor remotely.
Please use the following contact information for specific questions:
- Please deliver mail and packages to Agate Hall Front Desk and/or call +1-541-346-3945.
- For questions about courses in the academic year of 2020-2021, please contact your instructor through the AEI Contact Us page.
- For University mental health support resources, please visit the Counseling Center website or call the UO Health Center crisis hotline at +1-541-346-3227.
- For more information on the Division of Global Engagement response to COVID-19 please visit the International Students and Scholars Services website or read their FAQs for answers to general questions.